So Te Luz, Apple and I had attended the Baptism class yesterday with Father Dave. It went well until Father Dave discussed the role of Godparents. The priest told us that the ninangs have an important role of helping the parents make a good Christian example. So it is important that the Godparents are Christians and that if they're married, they should be married in church. LOL. And we were like, WHAT?. Of course we didn't vocalize the sentiment. Apple is yet to be married in church when they go home to Pinas. So we were kicking each other under the table like guilty children. LOL. Then Te Luz told us later on that she'd kicked Father Dave accidentally. BUSTED. Haha. That was why Father Dave asked them (Te Luz and Apple) individually if they were married in church. Of course, Apple can't lie to the priest. Then Father said in this case, only Te Luz should be the Godmother. Oh well. I still say ninang japon si Apolski and all of my other friends. hehe.
And then one more kicker. Father said it is impossible to have the baptism rite this coming Saturday because they're having a retreat. Uh-oh. I have called the parish office last Monday and I asked when the actual blessing will be held. They told me Baptisms are conducted about 30 minutes before mass. So I assumed it would be this Sunday (May 9). They didn't tell me it will be pre-scheduled with the priest. No problem except I've already sent out an invitation via Facebook announcing Lincy's Christening to be held this Sunday on Mother's Day. LOL. Okay, I guess I will have to send another invitation with the change of date. Hehehe.
0 comments:
Post a Comment