It's election time again and I am devastated to see Joseph Estrada on the 2nd place in the current standings, just a few million votes below Noynoy Aquino. Yes, he was the ex-President who got impeached and imprisoned for corruption and plunder. Yes, he was the President who starred in the 'Erap Jokes'. And yet, the same people who ousted and ridiculed him are now voting for him again instead of fine candidates such us Gibo Teodoro! Such excellent display of DUMBNESS by the Filipino people. BRAVO! My God, we are such retards!
When can the Filipinos see the silver lining in this dark storm cloud that's been raging on for ages? I see no hope in the immediate future. Will I see it in my lifetime? I feel sad and angry and I take no pride at being a Filipino right now. In fact, I can't remember being proud of being a Filipino ever. I grew up being taught that the Youth are the hope of the country. I have outgrown my youth and I'm still not seeing any major change! When can we step up and flush out these bad habits we inherited?! When can these dumb masses die out so we can step up and actively start thinking for our future?!
I was never really involved in the elections, being away and I can't vote. But I hoped and prayed that the Filipinos would smarten up and choose wisely this time. There were emphatic clangs of praises and conviction for Gibo Teodoro in Facebook among my friends. He seemed to be the popular choice of the thinking Filipinos and I had hope. But our number isn't enough to push him to the top. He's currently at the 4th position right now and I don't know if he could still catch up. My gut tells me he can't and again, the choice of the dumb Filipinos will win. :(
If Aquino wins and be the next Filipino President (I certainly pray it won't be Estrada), I just wish he won't make too much damage to the already battered Philippines. Because I still have a daughter who will grow up in that country. :(
3 comments:
Serious na jud ni Mitch. Pero tinood sad. Imagine, naay ni vote ni Marcos. Naka limot sa history.
Naa na jud ka imong domain. Ni post pud ko para SEO hehehe.
-Bryant
bryant: ahahahahah... dugay na ni akong domain, wala lang nako gigamit. hehe. piskot di pa jud ko kaget over. hehe. nothing against Noynoy, I am willing to give him a chance, pero ERAP?????
I feel the same Mitch. I am extremely outrage with the results. Also in the senatoriables 2nd. Jinggoy Estrada -- >> WTF ??? ,4th Enrile - is he too old for that ??? sorry just my opinion.
-Raffyboy
Post a Comment